This reception will feature five speakers:
• Tanushree Biswas – Carbon Program Director talking about the use of science, local knowledge, and partnerships to determine where to invest in forest-based Natural Climate Solutions
• Brie Fraley – Director of Indigenous Landscapes and Communities Director will talk about how we must empower and secure land rights including giving land back to enable indigenous communities to manage lands thereby supporting indigenous livelihoods and climate
• Rony Brodsky – Director of Indigenous People and Local Community led Finance will talk about unlocking scalable financing sources and mechanisms, particularly for Indigenous Peoples and local communities and why this is essential for climate change
• Rachel Pasternack - Global Lead for Forests and Climate will discuss how to scale solutions that work by redirecting public and private finance and leveraging new policies
• Emily Landis – Ocean and Climate Lead will talk about exciting advancements in ocean ecosystems that bring together blue carbon, partnerships, adaptation, and climate finance.
Following short 5 minute talks the speakers along with other colleagues will be available for deeper conversation about any of the topics discussed or other NCS and IPLC related topics. We hope to foster a deep discussion about how to equitably scale Natural Climate Solutions around the world.
Convene 101 Park Avenue