This event will discuss the unprecedented opportunity, through the first Global Stocktake, for countries to develop a joint mandate to enhance Nature-based solutions in NDCs, strengthen food systems transformation and promote alignment with the Global Biodiversity Framework.
The event will reflect on progress to date, what course correction is needed to align with the Paris Agreement, and strategies which will help achieve this shift. Concrete examples and strategies will focus on sectoral coordination within the water-energy-food-ecosystem nexus and forest transformation, highlighting the significance of governance and policy alignment for effective implementation of climate change action.
- Pablo Vieira, Global Director, NDC Partnership
- Kaveh Zahedi, Director, Office of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Environment, FAO
- Midori Paxton, Head of Ecosystems and Biodiversity, UNDP
- Mariana Panuncio, Country Engagement Director, NDC Partnership
- James Lomax, Sustainable Food Systems and Agriculture Programme Officer, UNEP
- Sandra Valenzuela, Executive Director - CEO, WWF Colombia
- Sabrina Rose, Science Officer, Alliance of Biodiversity and CIAT
- Facilitator: Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Global Lead Climate & Energy, WWF
- Facilitator: Melissa D. Ho, Senior Vice President for Freshwater and Food, WWF-US
This session will be screened live on Nature4Climate - YouTube
Convene 101 Park Avenue