The event will make the case for how private finance can drive the transition to a net zero, resilient, equitable and nature positive economy and demonstrate examples of delivery of financial flows. It aims to convene key stakeholders from the finance sector to explore acceleration of mechanisms to crowd-in and scale private capital in alignment with goals of the Paris Agreement and the Global Biodiversity Framework.
2023 is a crucial year to invoke a "step-change" toward integrating efforts to tackle both the climate and biodiversity crises together. The Paris Agreement calls for making financial flows consistent with climate goals and similarly, the Global Biodiversity Framework agreed upon at COP15 calls for progressively aligning all relevant public and private activities, fiscal and financial flows with the goals and targets of the framework. We can’t deliver transformations with party governments alone and need a whole of society approach to create an ambition loop. This includes mobilising action from states, regions, cities and the private sector.
Prospective speakers include:
- H.E. Razan Al Mubarak, UN Climate Change High-Level Champions for COP28, Climate Champions
- Dr Mahmoud Mohieldin, UN Climate Change High-Level Champions for COP27, Climate Champions
- Mary Schapiro, Vice Chair, GFANZ and Head, GFANZ Secretariat
- Naoko Ishii, Director for The Center for Global Commons
- Johan Rockström, Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
- Jennifer Tauli Corpuz, Global Policy and Advocacy Lead, Nia Tero
Conveners: UN High-Level Climate Champions, Nature4Climate, in collaboration with the Finance and Deforestation Advisory Group (Global Optimism, Conservation International, Global Canopy, WEF-Tropical Forest Alliance), with support of Systemiq.
The Zoom Link for this session is https://tnc.zoom.us/j/93886340101
Convene 101 Park Avenue